Enterprise Architecture Member Certifications
Find which EACOE Enterprise Architect Certification fits your needs and objectives.
There are four distinct member grades to recognize the professional accomplishments of our EACOE members:
Recognizes those EACOE members who have demonstrated classroom performance and presentations, and successfully completed the EACOE Certification Workshop and associated modeling activities.Valid for up to two years from successful Workshop completion.
Senior Enterprise Architect
Recognizes those EACOE members with at least 3 years of professional experience, and who have demonstrated performance that sets them apart from their peers.
- Three years continuous Architecture experience
- Five years of professional experience
- Demonstrated performance on one actual Architecture Development reviewed by EACOE
- Three recommendations from colleagues
- Valid for up to three years from the completion of the Architecture Certification Development- or upon the date of certification from EACOE
Distinguished Enterprise Architect
Recognizes those members, with at least 5 years of professional experience that have made significant accomplishments in the Enterprise Architecture field.
- Five years continuous Architecture experience
- Seven years of professional experience
- Demonstrated performance on three actual Architecture Developments that has been reviewed by EACOE
- Accomplishment in, or impact on the Enterprise or Business Architecture fields
- Four to seven recommendations from colleagues in the field. One of these recommendations must be from EACOE
- Valid for up to three years from the completion of the third Enterprise Architecture Development
Enterprise Architect Fellow
Our most prestigious membership, recognizing the top EACOE members for their outstanding accomplishments in Enterprise Architecture.
- Seven years continuous Architecture experience
- Demonstrated performance on five actual Architecture Developments that has been reviewed by EACOE
- Outstanding accomplishments in or significant impact on the Enterprise or Business Architecture fields
- Eight recommendations from colleagues in the field. Three of these recommendations must be from EACOE Members
- Valid for up to five years from the completion of the fifth Enterprise Architecture Development
- The actual scope of each Enterprise Architecture effort is normally agreed to by the potential member and EACOE prior to or during (less desirable approach) the development period
- In meeting the requirements for professional experience, educational experience can be credited as follows:
- 1 year if the candidate holds a baccalaureate degree
- 2 years if the candidate holds a masters degree or higher
- The progression from one membership grade to the next is not compulsory.
- Written recommendations for Senior, Distinguished, and Fellow Enterprise Architects require that the recommender attest that:
- They know the Enterprise Architect, and their work
- The Enterprise Architect has accurately described their achievements
- The accomplishments outlined meet the Enterprise Architect best understanding of the criteria for Senior, Distinguished, or Fellow Enterprise Architect.
All Members will receive a certificate, lapel pin, and a membership card, colored to denote the appropriate classification, and noting the expiration date of the classification certification.If desired, a Member may request their name, classification level, and expiration date of the classification be posted on our web site.
Members will have access to a secured area of our website.